上海(Part 2)

Labels: , ,

27 March 2008 - Thursday

Yesh!! I keep telling myself that after today I'm gonna spend my time to go sightseeing as today was supposedly the last meeting day :) But the day before, the client invited us for a dinner which ofcourse it would be just polite not to reject their invitation.

As usual, our morning was spent with breakfast, taxi rides to the meeting point, etc .... continue with meeting, meeting, and a factory visit (finally!!) but the worst thing was they never told us that they keep the factory temperature into 30 or 40 degree ... so we went there with 4 layer of clothes!!! become super hooootttt!!!! siao liao.

After the meeting ended, we were like ghosts who dunno hungry go where (haha!). So we headed back to our ex hotel (by that time we checked out liao) and had a drink till the dusk came and we walked to the restaurant.

This resto called ___ which just a stone throw away from our ex-hotel (yeah ... everything is just a stone throw away). The angmohs wanted us to order the food since only 2 of us are chinese who actually has a poor command of mandarin!!

Overall, the food was nice but the price can‘t be called cheap tho. It was arnd 1500 CNY for 6 person which comes to be 300 SGD for 6 person. gui bo? We finished our dinner arnd 8.30pm since we still need to take a cab to go to our new hotel in 浦西 area.

We headed back to our ex-hotel to get our luggage and take a cab together since our new hotel would be near one to each other. But this taxi driver is just another disaster ..... he dunno the way but say he know he know and dunno drive up and down but cannot see our hotel!! Then I guided him to my hotel 1st .... walao .... infact it's just very easy to reach.

I stayed in this hotel called Metropole Hotel (新城大酒店) near Nanjing Pedestrian Walk (南京步行路) and The Bund (外滩). Here's a pic of my room ...

I had this funny conversation with the hotel receptionist while I was in the bathtub enjoying my jacuzzi...

*ring ring*
F: "喂"
R: "您好!,你在你房间里面吗?
F: "对啊,怎么了?" *while scratching my head ...since I can pick up the phone, meaning I'm in my room, riteeee?*
R: "刚才我有敲你的门好像没人在阿, 顺便,我可以再借你的护照吗?"
F: "要做什么呢?"
R: "刚才我们细看得不清楚,完了以后我会还给你的"
F: "哦哦。。可以等一下才来拿吗?" *thinking ... woeeeiiii I'm in the bathroom leh!!*
R: "很快的,我现在上去跟你拿,可以吗?"
F: "好啊好啊" *angry and quckly wear sumthin*
*有人在敲门的声音*
F: "等一下!!!"
*我去开门,pass给他我的护照*
R: "我马上还给你"

Then I waited till he come and continue my bath .... without Jacuzzi thingy coz the water bo liao.... just cant think of why they so persistent until cannot wait mehhh .....

On that nite, I just tried the internet and can‘t connect also need to pay >,<" so I just charge my cam and handphone then go to bed .... zZzz....

28 March 2008 - Friday

Today is supposed to be my free day but they had arranged another meeting for me =.=" sibeh sue! but anyway, it was quite fun tho ...

I planned to go and take the metro, and less expect that 人多 is liddat!! super crowded u know ... But I'm trained with metro, mrt, or watever u called that mode of transport is ... so I didnt afraid of getting lost or watsoever .... (haha!)

I walked thru the morning brisk from hotel to Nanjing East Station (南京东路站) and it was a bit cold la... and the entrance to the station is a bit hidden. So I go one big round before found that metro entrace. Took the metro from this station then transfer to the line 1 in People Square Interchange (人民广场站). This interchange hor .... tell u .... sibeh toa!! walao ... I always complain if I have to transfer in Outram Park or Dhoby Ghout but this one is bigger!!
人民广场 Locality Map
My final destination is Chang Shu Lu Station (常熟路站) . So, upon arrival, I went to buy some bread as my breakfast and then head up to Evergo Tower to have meeting ..... When we finished with the meeting it was already lunch time so I did ask them for any makan places nearby.. and to my surprise they treat me lunch *eventho its not so expensive*

We had first dish was ... beef dipped in oil (but it was nice!) then second was ... a bowl of beef and veggie, third was a plate of veggie, then complimentary chinese tea :) took a pic of the wet tissue package which has the resto name....

After a while, we part and I promise him to treat him back when he is coming to Singapore. I went to Xu Jia Hui (徐家汇) and spend some cash huahaha ..... I bought this Black Jeans at Uniqlo in one of the upclass mall (the one in exit 14 i think). Tried so many things but seems not to like any of them ... until beri paiseh but i dun care since nobody know me over there hahaha ....

在徐家汇
在汉口路(人民广场附近)
Until 2pm, I then rushed back to People Square to meet my frenz ... then we went to ex-Xiangyang Plaza in ShanXi South Rd. (山西南路) to look see look see the fake goodies .... but sooo exxx ..... he bought but i didnt coz he ruin the price by buying in such a high price without bargaining!!!! so stupid. I still 光光的 until he ended his shopping. I told myself .... never go with ppl who cant bargain huahahaha!!!

So ended up we went to Parkson Mall in the opposite. They went up to the cafe and I spent my day shooping!!! I tried some nice jacket .. but so ex ofcoz ... and at the end I went to French Connection which had discounted items .... I bought a few from them :) so happy!!! hehe.... I like their jacket in the latest collection one actually .... if only i can afford that :)

Finished with shopping, my frenz asked if I want to join them for massage, *againnn?* and I said noooo .... I havent finished with my shopping yetttt.... then I bought some bread and off I go by metro to Nanjing West Rd (南京西路站), by the time I alight I realised thattt I took the wrong metro ... Actually I wanted to go to the East not the West!! but think over it again ... 算了吧!lets take a walk!! woooohooo... so long man..... I made a stop at Raffles Place (莱佛士方) and had my dinner at the foodcourt on the topmost floor. It wasnt that cheap here!!
南京西路!
Shopping Mall @ 南京步行路
Finish with dinner, I continued my journey to the east! till I reached Nanjing Rd Pedestrian Walk (南京步行路) and enter numerous store to try few more outfit eventho I broke liao!! But yeah nothing to my like fortunately. I headed back to my hotel.... making a turn in one alley then suddenly this creepy feeling surge out. this alley is completely different than Nanjing Rd!! here it was totally dark and few ppl only. So I quicken my speed ... and I arrived at the hotel safely :)

did the daily ritual before going to bed...... zZzz...

29 March 2008 -Saturday

Hurray!!! today is the day of my "going home flight" yepz ... I do miss Singapore :) And it was raining the whole morning make the weather cooler. Anyway, I checked out and then took a cab to Pudong Airport .. I see the driver also very siam one leh ... had this conversation with him...
Prepared for my ride home
Watching the rain ...

F: "去浦东机场"
TD: "好。先生,你要回美国吗?"
F: "不是"
TD: "新加坡?"
F: "也不是" *siam how come he know one leh ...*
TD: "那。。是哪里?"
F: *just smile and pretend dun understand what he saying ...*
TD: "先生,你的华语很好的"
F: *bleh .... 想我打你啊*

听他最后一句话,我就想笑啊。。。那有人讲我华语很好?开什么玩笑啊。。哈哈!

Arriving in Pudong ..... then I waited for the others to come.. After that we que .... Walao man! the que super long!! waited one hour for just a few steps.. isn't it super duper horrible??
Information Board in PVG
登机口23 :)
Another 5 hour flew and this time around I slept most of the time coz it was sooo tiring leh ... Soon upon reaching Changi and collected our luggages, I quickly get a cab and head back home ..... Oooooo Home sweet home!!!! wuakz!

:)

Comments (0)