Fendy goes to BlackBerry World

Labels: ,

Yay! Finally!! I had my first ever BlackBerry, but thanks to Singtel the first day wasn't really that smooth. However, with that being said, the experience is awesome.

Let's see what I have to say about this, touchscreen smartphone with qwerty sliding keypad, BlackBerry Torch 9800.

The dual input method is one of it's advantage, so, you could opt to use it's keypad which is u can slide it in and tuck it behind the LCD. 正!But it's touch screen is not as sensitive as iPhone.

The trackpad is definitely a better option compared to trackball which they have in BlackBerry Bold 9000. Maybe I'm not yet used to it, so it feels a bit overly sensitive for me.

The responsiveness. Yes, BlackBerry Torch 9800 is definitely much better compared to iPhone or Nokia smartphone that I have. Bye bye laggy!

The 5MP camera. It is well understood that Smartphone camera is NOT and will NOT be able to surpass those DSLR. Thus for me it's quality is sufficient for snapping and it serves my social networking needs just nice.

The most anticipated feature, BBM. Okay, to be honest my first ever usage of my BlackBerry is BBM. I was literally busy familiarising myself with the feature it has to offer, such as, groups, invite, being invited, AutoEdit (for those cute cute symbols which sometimes irritating)

The social feeds, yes, now equipped with BlackBerry OS6, things are supposed to be fluid and dynamic. Thus social feeds will just combined and consolidated all the updates from all your social networking sites, such as Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, etc ... And it is also have a tab for RSS, which means you could get all the updates from all your favourites sites which has RSS, like my blog for example.

The battery. haha .... OK, this is really depend on your usage. really! I had used it extensively for BBM this morning from 9AM-1PM and its totally drained. Yes, flat till die. LOL~! Nonetheless, you could also opt for 2G data transfer usage if you do not require any heavy data traffic to saves up your battery.

The memory expansion, BlackBerry Torch 9800 uses MicroSD card for it's data expansion.

The colour availability, in Singapore where the market is relatively smaller compared to Indonesia, only BlackBerry Torch 9800 is only available in Charcoal. It's available in White and Sunset Red with AT&T.

Last but not least .... it's smaller than iPhone, there goes the LCD size.

For more technical specification, please visit BlackBerry website

Comments (0)